Grass Pellet Mill
Grass pellet mill is a kind of pelletizing machinery with all kinds of grass,branches, wood, wood chips, corn stalks, straw stalks, wood chaff, wood flour, sawdust and other agricultural wastes as raw materials, the pellets made by this machinery can be used in feed plant, fireplace, boiler, biomass power plant, etc. With a grass pellet machine crushed materials are extruded through molds and pressure rollers and processed into pellets, increasing the density of the material and making it easy to use and store. If you are interested in making grass pellets, RICHI grass pelletizer is definitely the best choice for you.
RICHI grass pellet mill
What is the grass pellet machine, may be many people do not know it, in the past to grass into pellets, always rely on manpower, which is inefficient. The emergence of grass pellet machines has greatly solved this problem.
A grass pellet machine is a new type of energy-saving product that takes all kinds of grass and other materials as raw materials and presses them into cylindrical pellets. The pressed pellets can be used as biomass fuel or livestock feed.
RICHI grass pellet mill adopts ring die type technology, very suitable for grass pelletizing. It also can combine with other processing equipment to form a grass pellet line to produce grass pellets in bulk.
WHY Make grass pellets
Grass feed pellets not only provide rich nutrition for animals, but also have more health benefits, such as reducing the use of antibiotics and hormones in traditional roughage, and improving the safety and quality of livestock and poultry products. At the same time, the lower cost of grass feed pellets can reduce farming costs and improve farming efficiency compared to traditional feeds. And grass pellets can be used as biomass fuel pellets to generate electricity and heat, which greatly reduces environmental pollution.
Benefits of using grass pellet mill to make grass pellets for feed
In order to improve the efficiency of farming, most farmers have started to use grass pellets to feed livestock. Grass pellets have the benefits of being unaffected by the seasons, being small in size, having a high feed conversion rate, increasing palatability, and expanding feed sources.
Unaffected by seasons
The forage used to feed livestock will be affected by the season, especially in the winter forage yellowing amount is small, so that livestock lack of grass to eat, in the warm season forage growth is strong, more grass livestock can not eat, but you can use the warm season forage processed into grass pellets to save in the winter to feed livestock and poultry.
Processing grass into grass particles can improve the quality of forage, such as coumarin and other special flavor of meadowfoam, livestock do not like to eat, but made of grass particles, then into a strong palatability, high nutritional value of forage.
High feed conversion rate
Grass pellet feed has a high conversion rate, and can obtain more meat, eggs and milk when feeding livestock and poultry in winter.
Expand feed source
Some branches of hard plants, crushed and processed into grass particles, can become livestock like to eat forage; crop by-products, husks, straw and a variety of leaves processed into grass particles can be used to feed livestock and poultry.
Favorable for digestion
The process of making pellets, through high temperature, appropriate moisture content plus stirring can be starch raw materials cooked, softened and bonded. In the high-speed mechanical energy, the raw material will increase the degree of crushing as much as possible, which is conducive to digestion.
good flavor and texture
Through the mechanical energy extrusion after high temperature made of pellets, was half-cooked to fully cooked state, flavor and texture good. Other materials can also be sprayed onto the surface of the pellets for good taste.
Balanced nutritional ratio
Formulated feed is first mixed with a certain proportion of water mixing, so that each particle to achieve a stable nutrient composition, and at the same time can be flexible according to the different objects of breeding and growth of different periods of time, the animal feeding more balanced nutrition.
Benefits of grass pellets for burning fuel
Grass pellet fuel calorific value and coal and its close, is an inexhaustible, inexhaustible alternative to coal burning the most economical clean energy. Here are the benefits of grass pellets as fuel:
- Grass pellet fuel has a high calorific value, low ash content, high energy efficiency, these advantages make its use is very versatile, in many industries can see its figure.
- Can be used for civil heating and living energy: grass pellet fuel has high combustion utilization, easy to store, easy to use, safe and hygienic.
- Used in biomass industrial boilers: as the main fuel for industrial boilers, it can replace coal, heavy oil and natural gas to solve environmental pollution.
- Power generation: it can be used as fuel for thermal power generation. Every 10,000 tons of grass pellet fuel burned can replace 0.8 million tons of standard coal and reduce SO2 emission.
Grass pellet fuel is grass and other waste crops such as corn stalks, wheat straw, wood chips and other recycling, after crushing, drying, compression processing into a variety of molding, can be directly burned a new type of clean fuel.
High-quality grass pellet machines make high-quality grass pellets
RICHI Various Capacities grass pellet mill
grass pellet mill for sale
grass pellet making machine
grass pellet maker
Specific parameters are as follows:
|Main Motor Series||6/8P|
|Ring Die Diameter (mm)||320||350||420||520||762||858|
Features of Grass pellet Mill
- High production capacity, low noise, easy to operate
- Equipped with anti-caking bins, ensure the grass can enter the pellet machine smoothly and the normal pelletizing
- The pellet mill is equipped with a forced feeder that combines the characteristics of grass to help it enter the pelletizing chamber smoothly.
- Improve the palatability of livestock, avoid picky eating, high utilization rate, easy to feed
- Convenient storage and transportation, the grass pellets made by grass pellet making machine can be stored for about half a year.
- Shorten the growth cycle of animals, reduce the cost of feeding, improve the economic income of farmers.
- Clean, hygienic, environmentally friendly, can ensure the nutrition of livestock, is conducive to digestion and absorption.
- Powdered feed and grass powder can be pelletized by the pellet mill equipment, without (or a small amount of) adding liquid.
- The equipment has 2-12mm mold holes. Suitable for pelletizing of different materials.
1. Feeder with anti-caking bins
2. SKF bearing
3. Forced feeder motor
4. Cutter assembly
6. Shaft coupling
7. Safety assembly
8. Limit Switch
9. Siemens motor
10. Stainless steel containers, long use time
Working principle of grass pellet maker
The ring die and pressure roller of the grass pellet mill are made of excellent stainless steel. After special treatment, the main shaft and ring die drive the pressure roller to rotate under friction. The raw materials are pressed into gras pellets and extruded from the die hole under the extrusion of the pressure roller, the length of the pellets can be adjusted by the cutting device.
There is no need to add water or dry during the pelletizing process. After natural warming of about 70 degrees, the starch can be pasteurized, and the pellets have deep internal maturity, smooth surface, high hardness, and can be stored for a long time. It is the ideal equipment for professional family raising rabbits, pigs, sheep, cows, and small and medium-sized feed processing factories to reduce the cost of breeding and improve economic benefits.
Reasons to buy a grass pellet Mill
- In fact, the grass pellet making machine is not only able to make pellets for grass, but also able to make pellets for sawdust and coal.
- In addition to making pellet feed, pellet fuel, pet feed and even cat litter can be made.
- Effectively improve the rural environment, to avoid burning pollution of the environment, green.
- Reduce the cost of breeding, improve the breeding income.
- Improve the nutritional value and save the storage space of grass pellets for feed.
- Reduce the probability of livestock digestive system diseases, enhance the ability to resist diseases.
- Easy to feed, increase animal feed intake, avoid livestock picky eating, and promote their rapid growth.
grass pellet production process
How do you process grass into grass pellets with a grass pelletizer? Check out the description and video now to learn about the pelletizing process! If you still have questions? Feel free to contact us. Alternatively, you can look at the feed pellet production line for a more detailed description of the feed pellet pelletizing process or see the biomass pellet production line apply for other materials to learn more about the pelletizing process.
The grass is crushed in a crusher to a fineness of 2-3mm for subsequent pelletizing.
After crushing, here come the crucial process: adjust the moisture content of the raw materials. Too high or too low moisture will greatly affect the pelletizing effect. The optimal moisture content of grass pellets is 13% to 15%. A dryer is used to remove excess moisture from the grass. Drying is an important part of the grass pelletizing process if your raw materials is too wet. as the moisture content greatly affects the pelleting effect.
Typically, we have feeders equipped with anti-caking bins to accomplish the feeding. Grass is fed through the feeder into the pelletizer in an orderly and uniform manner. Due to the lightweight nature of the grass, it is not easy to enter the pelletizing chamber directly, so we are equipped with a forced feeder to make the grass enter the pelletizing chamber smoothly.
Congratulations you have finished pelletizing and obtained grass pellets. But how to maintain the shape and smooth appearance of the grass pellets? The freshly made grass pellets are soft and hot, and can be easily deformed and broken, so we need to cool the pellets immediately. This is a very important step.
Grass pellets can be packed in bags or boxes with packing machines. Then, transport the grass pellets to the market to make money.
Projects cases of grass pellet Mill
RICHI Machinery has successfully delivered a lot of grass pellets production projects, we designed every production lines according to customers’ specific requirements. If you are interested in making grass pellets, feel free to contact us for a customized production process. Learn More
3-4T/H Ruminant Animal Feed Pellet Line
- Country：Hong Kong,China
- Date：Hong Kong,China
- Total Power：215KW
- Workshop size about this project：60m*24m*12m (L*W*H)
10-12T/H Grass Pellet Production Line In USA
- Date:March 15th,2020
- Capacity: 10-12T/H
- Total Power: 977KW
- Workshop size about this project：16m*7m*7.5m(L*W*H)
20 t/h animal feed mill plant project for pig feed making
- Date: December 2018
- Total Power：783KW
- Workshop size about this project：3762m²
16t/h livestock feed pellet making line for pig and cattle feeds
- Country: China
- Date:June 2016
- Total Power:805KW
- Workshop size about this project:20000m²
10T/H Cattle Feed Pellet Production Line In South Africa
- Country:South Africa
- Date: March 17th,2017
- Total Power:335KW
- Workshop size about this project: 19m*6m*25m(L*W*H)
10 T/H biomass pellet manufacturing plant in Mexico
- Total Power：715KW
- Workshop size about this project：29m*24m*21m(L*W*H)
FAQ about the Grass pellet mill
Office Add: E-commerce Industrial Park, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
Factory Add: Longhai 2nd Rd & 10th St, Longting District, Kaifeng City, Henan Province, China