Commercial Wood Pellet Mill
About commercial wood pellet mill
This video shows how a commercial wood pellet mill works. The crushed raw materials are dropped into the pelletizer feeder and enter the interior of the pelletizing chamber hrough the feeder. Inside the pelletizing chamber, the materials are transformed into compact wood pellets under the extrusion of the ring die and pressure rollers.
Wood pellet mill can be divided into big wood pellet mill and small wood pellet mill according to the capacity. Both of them have the same working principle and structure, but there is a big difference in output, size, power consumption and price, and the application scope is naturally different.
Small wood pellet mill is small in size, easy to operate, time-saving and labor-saving, suitable for small wood pellet plant or farm use.
The big wood pellet mill has strong applicability and high output, which is suitable for medium and large scale biomass pellet plant. If you are planning to build a wood pellet production line or your production demand is relatively large, then we recommend that you can directly purchase a large wood pellet mill machine.
Various kinds of commercial wood pellet mill
RICHI Machinery, as a reliable pellet mill manufacturer, produces commercial wood pellet mill with complete models, stable performance and easy operation. Here are some models and kinds of commercial wood pellet machine for your reference. If you have other pelletizing needs, welcome to contact us for customized design.
MZLH320 Small wood pellet mill
The small wood pellet machine is easy to operate, small in size and easy to mobilize.
The machine is suitable for home making wood pellets or small output production of wood pellets use.
MZLH350 Commercial wood pellet mill
This wood pellet mill machine mainly consists of anti-caking bin, frequency conversion speed feeder, forced feeder, Siemens motor, pelletizing chamber and so on. Reasonable design, stable performance, long service life, loved by customers.
MZLH420 Industrial wood pellet machine
This industrial wood chip pellet mill is designed with stainless steel, stable performance, simple structure and easy operation. The produced wood pellets are a highly efficient, environmentally friendly biomass pellet fuel with high combustion efficiency and no pollution to the environment.
MZLH520 Electric wood pellet mill
The machine adopts Siemens motor, which is powerful, efficient and has a long service life.
Electric wood pellet mill can produce wood pellets with a diameter of 6-12mm. The diameter and length of the wood pellets are adjustable.
MZLH768 Wood chip pellet machine
This wood chip pellet machine is our company’s top selling product, with high production capacity and low energy consumption, which is ideal for using to make woodchip pellets. It can press all kinds of biomass raw materials into fuel pellets, including woodchips, hardwood, straw, rice husk, miscanthus, alfalfa,etc.
MZLH858 Large wood pellet mill
Large wood pellet mill with high output and low energy consumption is suitable for all kinds of medium and large wood pellet processing plants and other biomass pellet processing plants. If you have a demand for larger output, we can also customize the design according to your needs.
Specific parameters of RICHI commercial wood pellet mill are as follows:
|Main Motor Series
|Ring Die Diameter (mm)
Can’t find the commercial wood pellet mill equipment you want?
Contact us to customize for you
Advantages of commercial wood pellet mill
Commercial wood pellet mill has the characteristics of stable performance, convenient operation, high efficiency and low energy consumption. As an efficient and environmentally friendly biomass pellet mill, it has many advantages.
Here are some advantages of commercial wood pellet machine summarized by RICHI Machinery:
- The machine adopts stainless steel design for long service life and low maintenance, ideal for use to make wood pellets.
- Using commercial wood pellet press can turn waste into treasure. Under normal circumstances, we usually throw away biomass waste. But actually these so-called wastes can be transformed into multi-purpose wood pellets through the processing of wood pellet mill. Wood pellets have a wide range of applications and can be used in various industries such as biomass boiler plants, power plants, civil heating, cooking, etc.
- The wood pellets produced by the machine can be used as fuel for stoves, furnaces, and other heating equipment.
- Helps to protect the environment. The combustion process of wood pellets causes little pollution to the environment, so the use of wood pellets instead of traditional fuels helps to reduce carbon emissions and protect the environment.
- The machine mainly consists of anti-caking arch bin, forced feeder, Siemens motor, pelletizing chamber, cutter device and so on. Simple structure, easy to operate and very low labor cost.
- Commercial wood pellet mill is reasonably priced with small investment. The cost of raw materials is almost zero, and the raw materials are easy to get and are renewable.
- Driven by high-precision gear transmission system, the output is about 20% higher than belt-driven type.
- Commercial wood chip pelletizer has high working efficiency. And every part of this pelletizer is made of imported high-quality materials to ensure its long service life.
We already know that wood chip pellet maker is a machine that presses wood, logs, sawdust, and other materials into 6-12mm wood pellets. Then what does it consist of? I will introduce you the main parts of the wood pellet machine below.
Structure of commercial wood pellet mill
As we mentioned earlier, the commercial wood pellet mill mainly consists of anti-caking silo, feeder, pelletizing chamber, Siemens motor, cutter device, safety pins and so on. Below is a detailed description of the various components of the machine for you to have a comprehensive understanding of the machine.
Located directly above the wood pellet mill is a silo with an arch-breaking device. The design here is to consider the unique characteristics of the raw material of wood chips.
Because of the light weight and poor fluidity of the raw material, it is easy to arch in the silo. This will not only affect the running efficiency of the machine, but also affect the granulation effect. Of course, we do not want to see this, so here we are equipped with an anti-arching bin, which can continuously break the incoming wood chips to prevent arching, and ensure that the material enters the pelletizing chamber at a uniform speed and smoothly.
Stainless steel feeder
This commercial wood pellet mill has two feeders. One is a feeder equipped with a frequency conversion device, and the other is a forced feeder installed next to the pelletizing chamber.
The frequency conversion feeder is able to control and adjust the feeding speed and volume according to the production demand, ensuring that the wood pellet mill can work at maximum efficiency. And the forced feeder can push the material into the pelletizing chamber smoothly, so that the pelletizing work is completed more smoothly.
It is in the pelletizing chamber that the wood pellets are formed. The material is pushed into the interior of the pelletizing chamber by the force feeder, fills the inner wall of the ring die, and is eventually converted into compact wood pellets by the extrusion of the ring die and the pressure rollers, and is extruded out of the die holes.
The ring die and the pressure roller are the main working parts of the pelletizing chamber, both of which adopt high quality materials to ensure the pressing force and the quality of the formed pellets. The molds of the ring die can change according to your actual needs to get different sizes of wood pellets.
The long length of wood pellets coming out of the mold hole needs to be cut by the cutting knife device. The customer can adjust the distance between the cutter and the ring mold to get the desired length of wood pellets.
Siemens Motor& SKF bearings
The machine adopts imported high quality Siemens motors and SKF bearings for high efficiency and long service life.
On the outside of the pelletizing chamber, we have also equipped with safety pins. Such as the main motor is overloaded, the safety pin is broken, and it plays the role of overload protection.
Raw materials suitable for commercial wood pellet mill
Commercial wood pellet mill is suitable for a wide range of raw materials. It can process and handle almost all kinds of biomass raw materials. Including but not limited to wood chips, sawdust, tree branches, rice hulls, straw, alfalfa grass, miscanthus, bamboo, bagasse and so on. Below is a list of common raw materials that can be processed by the wood pellet machine for your reference.
- Wood: forest logs, sawdust, furniture factory shavings, tree branches, leaves, wood chips, etc.
- Straw: corn stalks, wheat straw, soybean straw, cotton stalks, etc.
- Grass: miscanthus, alfalfa, hay,fresh grass, turf grass, etc
- Organic fertilizer: cow dung, chicken manure, poultry manure and other organic fertilizer biomass
- Other biomass raw materials: bamboo, bagasse,EFB, paper, etc.
The above is only a part of the raw materials that the machine can process, and the raw materials that it can process are far more than these. If you are not sure whether your raw material can suitable for commercial wood pellet machine, you can contact us for a free product test.
Applications of commercial wood pellet mill
Commercial wood pellet mills have a wide range of applications, not only can they process a wide variety of biomass raw materials, but they can also produce wood pellets in a variety of sizes to meet different needs. Here are some of the main applications of the wood pellet making machine:
- The machine can process all kinds of biomass raw materials. It is able to press the crushed biomass raw material into the desired biomass pellets for domestic or industrial heating and heating and so on.
- The wood pellets produced by this machine are beautiful in appearance and strong inside, which is very popular in the market. If you intend to produce wood pellets for sale, then this commercial wood pellet machine is undoubtedly the best choice.
- Complete models, wide range of use. The machine is suitable for large, medium and small biomass pellet plants and various wood pellet production lines.
Why make wood pellets?
Wood pellets can be used as environmentally friendly and efficient fuel pellets instead of traditional fuels such as kerosene. Besides, it has very many advantages, it is small in size and high in density, which makes it easy to be transported and stored. Here are some advantages of wood pellets, I believe that after understanding the advantages of wood pellets, you will understand why to make wood pellets.
- Wood pellets have high combustion efficiency. The thermal efficiency of wood pellets is more than 80% higher than that of wood raw materials.1 ton of wood pellet fuel produces heat equivalent to 0.8 tons of coal.
- Wood pellets are a kind of natural biomass pellet fuel, it does not contain sulfur and phosphorus, and does not produce polluting substances when burning, which helps to protect the environment.
- High density of wood pellets, the density of wood pellets after molding is about 10 times of the raw material, which can save the floor space.
- Small volume, strong mobility, easy to transport and storage, reducing the cost of transportation and storage
- The ashes of wood pellets after burning can be recycled as high-quality fertilizer.
- High purity, wood pellets do not contain other sundries that do not produce heat, which can save costs for the user
- The heating capacity of wood pellets can be as high as 7000-8000 kcal/about, the thermal efficiency can be more than 90%, much higher than 60% of coal burning.
How to make wood pellets using commercial wood pellet mill
Generally speaking, the production process of making wood pellets is: crushing wood chips, drying wood chips, pelletizing wood chips, cooling wood pellets, packing wood pellets and so on. Of course, different raw materials, different production needs, the production of wood pellets production process will naturally be different. The following is a brief introduction of how to make wood pellets with 50% moisture content of logs as raw materials.
Peeling of logs
First, the logs need peeling. This makes it easier to reduce the size of the logs to meet the pelletizing requirements. At the same time, it can also ensure the pelletizing effect of wood pellets.
After peeling, the diameter of the logs is still too big to be directly put into the crusher for crushing. Therefore, it is necessary to use a slicer to cut the logs into 3-5cm slices. It is convenient for the logs to enter into the crusher for crushing.
Crushing wood chips
After chipping, the wood chips can enter the crusher for crushing. The wood chip hammer mill is designed for crushing wood chips with high crushing efficiency. It is able to pulverize the wood chips to 2-3mm crumbs, which is convenient for later pelletizing.
Drying wood chips
Because the raw material here is logs with moisture content of 50%, which is far more than the moisture content suitable for pelletizing, i.e. about 15%. Therefore, before pelletizing, the raw material also needs drying to reduce the moisture of the raw material to about 15%.
Wood Chip Pelletizing
After drying, the raw material enters into the pelletizing room for pelletizing. After pressing by the pelletizing machine, the density of the wood pellets increases by about 80%, which makes the wood pellets more convenient for storage and transportation.
Wood pellet cooling
The humidity and temperature of the wood pellets coming from the pelletizer are very high. At this time, the wood pellets are very easy to be deformed and broken, so you can use the cooling machine to cool the wood pellets to room temperature, which can increase the hardness of the wood pellets and prolong the storage time of the wood pellets.
Wood pellets packing
After cooling, the wood pellets can be packed directly. Here according to the customer needs to choose manual packing or automatic machine packing and other packing methods. We provide full-automatic baling machine, which has high packing precision, fast speed and saves time and labor.
RICHI Machinery is an expert in feed, wood, biomass, and organic fertilizer pelletizing solutions, we design every pellet production line according to customers’ needs. We have provided thousands of customers from 127 countries with complete pelletizing projects. If you have any pelletizing needs, just send an inquiry to us.
Project cases related to commercial wood pellet mill
RICHI Machinery, as a professional wood pellet mill manufacturer, has provided wood pellet pelletizing solutions to thousands of customers worldwide. Here are some cases about wood pellet mill for your reference. If you are interested in joining the wood pellet manufacturing industry, we are happy to support and help you.
6T/H wood pellet production line project in China
- Country: Fujian Province, China
- Capacity: 6T/H
- Total Power: 1125 KW
- Workshop size about this project
- : 1200m²
- Main equipment in this line: conveying equipment, electric wood pellet mill, wood pellet cooling machine, biomass boiler, packaging scale, electrical control system, etc.
- Guiding complete wood pellet mill price: 1-1.5million USD
- Final wood pellet size:6-8mm
- The install period:Two months
- The operate worker in this line:8
5 t/h wood pellet plant project in Austria
- Country: Austria
- Date: December 2018
- Capacity: 5T/H
- Total Power: 515KW
- Workshop size about this project: 21m*16m*21m(L*W*H)
- Main equipment in this line: wood dryer, high efficiency wood hammer mill,electric control cabinet, vibrating screen classifier, large wood pellet mill, wood pellet cooling machine,3kw automatic packing system.
- Guiding wood pellet mill Price: FOB price start with 300000 USD.
- Final wood chip pellet size:6mm
- The install period: 60 Days
- Number of installation engineers assisted by our company:2 person
- The operate worker in this line:3-4 person
2T/H commercial wood pellet machine
- Country: Canada
- Date: November 27, 2021
- Guiding commercial wood pellet machine price: $30,000-$50,000
2-3T/H industrial Wood Pellet Machine
- Name:520 industrial wood pellet machine for sale
- Country: Mexico
- September 02, 2019
2T/H electric wood pellet mill
- Name: wood pellet mill Italy
- Date: September 17, 2021
- Buy commercial wood pellet mill: $30,000-$50,000
SOME EXPORTED COUNTRIES
Countries: United States
Project: Wood Pellet Manufacturing Plant
Capacity: 10 Tons Per Hour
Project: Wood Pellet Production Line
Project: Full Automatic Wood Pellet Plant
Capacity: 2-3 Tons Per Hour
Project: Super Quality Wood Pellet Plant
Capacity: 2-2.5 Ton
Project: Industrial Wood Pellet Plant Project
Capacity: 10 Tons Per Hour
Office Add: E-commerce Industrial Park, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
Factory Add: Longhai 2nd Rd & 10th St, Longting District, Kaifeng City, Henan Province, China